Valentine’s Day, it’s a cliché!
Some people think Valentine’s Day is a cliché but why not embrace it and reveal your romantic side by showing your significant other how much you love them this Valentines Day.
Traditionally gifts of flowers, chocolates & champagne are usually exchanged but couples are becoming more and more creative with the romantic gestures given at this time of year!
Life has become so fast paced that more people than ever are giving friends & loved ones a gift of an ‘experience’ to slow down and share more time together.
Here are my top 6 Valentines Ideas that give the gift of just being together;
1. Zip Wire & Adventure Activities at The Eden project – This one is not for the faint hearted, Eden offers several adventure experiences but why not choose to ride Gravity as couple! The swing takes you 50mph from 65ft out over a cliff edge! Gift Vouchers are available via The Eden Project website and further information about all of the adventures available. Prices start from £12.
2. The Clearing Spa here at The Cornwall Hotel offers a 100-minute treatment which is perfect for couples to reconnect.
Our Ultimate Cornish Trilogy rejuvenates and re-mineralises your whole body using Cornish clay, mud and pure plant oils. Incorporating a luxurious body scrub, refreshing shower and intense aromatherapy massage, your therapist tends your body, mind and spirit. This top to toe trilogy experience leaves you feeling physically and spiritually refreshed and rejuvenated.
For two of you this is just £200 or individually £110
3. Take a Day Trip to Isles of Scilly. Travel by Sky Bus from Newquay or Lands End or the Scillonian Ferry from Penzance. Or you can combine the two to make your day really last. Fly to get there as early as possible and take a leisurely cruise home at the end of the day! Explore the island & discover the many eateries, galleries and scenery. You will want to return for longer next time I guarantee it!
4. Visit Bodmin Jail for one of their Scary Cinema Nights that they host every Thursday. On Thursday 15th February watch the classic movie Scar within the atmospheric surroundings of Bodmin Jail. After the film take a tour of the jail with their resident medium to discover the past and other worldly residents of this historic building.
5. Perhaps you can’t get a babysitter? Switch off the WIFI, put your mobiles away and create a date night at home. Simply light some candles, choose a film, make some popcorn and snuggle under the blanket.
6. Indulge with a signature Cornwall Afternoon Tea for two people, with a lovely flute of Prosecco each, relax by the fire then enjoy a leisurely stroll around the estate. You can view all our Afternoon Tea offerings on our website and Gift Vouchers can be purchased in advance here.
“On Valentine’s Day, we are reminded what our relationships could be like the other 364.”
― Steve Maraboli